Thursday 5 September 2013

Maths and emails

Today we (the Grade 4s) did very big sums and sent emails to our Mums and Dads about it.

Rizwaan's letter:

FROM: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
SENT: Thursday, 5 September 2013 09:47
TO: dad@global.co.za
SUBJECT: Letter from Rizwaan

Dear Mom and Dad

Today I worked out a multiplication sum with 4 digits all by my self on the board.
This was the sum: 2456 x 1554 = 3816624. It was very hard but it was also fun. I had a little help from Miss Tyler and I am very proud of myself.

Bye!


FROM: Dad; dad@global.co.za
SENT: Thursday, 5 September 2013 09:47
TO: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
SUBJECT: Letter from Rizwaan

Wow! Well done Rizwaan. Always believed you are amazing!

Love mom and dad

____________________________________________________________

Skye's letter:

From: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:00 AM
To: mom@mailc.om
Subject: Letter from Skye

Dear Mom

Today I worked out a multiplication sum with 2 digits all by my self 
on the board. It was fun and hard but I did it!


THE REPLY:


From: mom@mail.com
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 10:00 AM
To: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
Subject: Letter from Skye

Awesome.

:-)

_____________________________________________________________

Seth's letter:

From: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:54 AM
To: dad@mail.com; mom@mail.com
Subject: Letter from Seth

Hello Mom and Dad

Today I worked out a multiplication sum with 4 digits all by my self on the board.
My first try was wrong. We used a calculator to check. Then i tried again and it was right!
5291 x 4589 = 24 280 399
It was hard but fun!

Love Seth "The Maths Wizard" Beukes


THE REPLY:

From: dad@mail.com
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2013 9:54 AM
To: ctyler@maristsj.co.za 
Subject: Letter from Seth

Dude

Well done buddy!!!
All your books need to be brought home the weekend in order for me to check them. (DON'T FORGET)

Dad

Hello Seth!

I am super proud of you honey!!!  Great job!!!!! I love you to the moon and back!!!
Mom
______________________________________________________________


Jawad's letter:


FROM: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
SENT: Thursday, 5 September 2013 09:58
TO: dad@mail.co.za
SUBJECT: Letter from Jawad

Dear Mom and Dad

Today I worked out a multiplication sum with 2 digits all by my self on the board.
I guessed the answer before I worked it out and I was right! Miss Tyler-Smith says I must have magical powers I am the only one who can guess the answer. Now everyone in my class is asking to guess their answers. :)

Bye!

____________________________________________________________

Matthew's Letter:

From: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
Sent: 05 September 2013 09:57 AM
To: dad@mail.com
Subject: Letter from Matthew

Dear Mom and Dad

Today I worked out a multiplication sum with 4 digits all by my self on the board. It was very confusing in the beginning but in the end it was actually quite easy. This is the sum I worked out: 5423 x 164 =  889372

Love Matthew


THE REPLY:


From: dad@mail.com
Sent: 05 September 2013 09:57 AM
To: ctyler@maristsj.co.za
Subject: Letter from Matthew

Hi Matthew,

Well done !!!!!! We are very proud of you Matt! Keep up the good work; and enjoy your day :)
Be good :)  Bye for now

Love Dad & Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Getting feedback is important to our writers. Let us know what you liked or what you learned.

Steps to Comment:

1. Write your comment in the box below. Be sure that you have proofread it for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and capitalization. Students should have a parent check it!

* Write your comment like a letter by including a greeting, content and a closing.
* Compliment the writer in a specific way, ask a question or add new information.
* Do not reveal any personal information.

2. Choose an identity. (If you have a gmail account, use it. If not, choose name/url. You can leave the url blank if you do not have a blog.)

3. Click "Publish your Comment". You may preview your comment before publishing if you'd like.